
...and in with the new!
We did some much needed exterior updating this weekend. First off, Eric and his dad pulled out all the bushes in the front of our house. WOW-O! It looks just so much nicer, cleaner and even BIGGER with them gone. Come spring, we are going to build up the flower beds along front of house and porch and plant all varieties of plants and flowers. Can't wait!
Second and most drastic...NO MORE CHECK BOARD GARAGE DOOR! I spent Saturday cleaning, scrapping, sanding, and then priming the trim around the front door, front window, and garage door. Then primed the front doors (screen and storm) and garage door. Thanks to Eric's mom for helping wash down the front door and hold the paint can as I tediously primed the trim. Oh fun!
Yesterday Eric and I began painting, woohoo! The trim now matches the taupe color of the siding and the garage door has a first coat of a taupe-family color of cream and the front doors will match come tonight after my mom and I finish up a first coat on that and hopefully second coat the trim. What fun...no I mean it!!!
I may be sore as heck and my right arm feels like it may just fall off, but it is worth it. I keep telling Eric that our next door neighbor who just put his house up For Sale will thank us for no longer being the "eye sore" of the street. HAHA! In the end...this is all worth it. If I don't get to it this year, then next spring I will finish up above the rest of the window trims and back utility door so that everything has a much needed breath of FRESH AIR (or paint!).
Nobody lied when they said owning a house is a lot of work. But at the end of the day(s), it is so wonderful to stand back and take in the fantastic change (maybe even quite literally $change$) that some elbow-grease and a few gallons of paint can do. Thanks Home Depot, Lowe's, and Ace Hardware...they love us!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment